The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

19 Virginia Tech students at an off-campus apartment complex had their lives turned upside down Sunday morning when a carbon monoxide leak sent the majority of them to local hospitals for carbon monoxide poisoning.

A leak in a faulty gas water heater was discovered to be the root of the problem, which sent so many students scrambling for treatment at local hospitals. According to reports, students were treated at Duke University Medical Center and University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville, then sent home Sunday.

The carbon monoxide gas was revealed by neighbors who smelled a foul odor. Two students were in critical condition from the carbon monoxide leak, but appeared to be stabilizing.

For more information on this subject matter please refer to the section on Premises Liability.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest